Greg Zimmerman, L.Ac. is a licensed Acupuncturist and Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine with 20-years experience. He has an extensive professional background in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), classical Chinese medicine, Chinese orthopedics and tuina, martial arts, qigong, and meditation.
After undergraduate studies in bio-chemistry and biology, Greg began his study of Chinese medicine at the Tai Hsuan Institute in Honolulu, Hawaii. From there he continued to study at South Baylo University in Southern California until his graduation and board license instatement. He then took up advanced Chinese medicine orthopedic studies with Professor Gu Hua and training at Beijing’s Dongzhimen Orthopedic Hospital. After the completion of his Masters degree in traditional Chinese medicine he began to work as an herbal formula consultant at Brion Herbs Corporation/Sun Ten Inc. There he continued to work as a professional consultant and company representative for more than a decade while making time for continuous clinical practice and further medical studies. Over the past ten years he has focused his studies on classical Chinese herbology, acupuncture, pulse and abdominal diagnosis.
His clinical services include traditional Chinese acupuncture and moxibustion, herbal formulas, and therapeutic bodywork. These various healing modalities are often combined dependent upon the nature and circumstance of each individual’s specific medical complaint during the course of treatment.
- Certified diplomate of the Institute of Canonical East Asian Medicine and a lineage practitioner of the Tian-Zeng discipline.
- Certified practitioner of Chinese tuina (Chinese bodywork) with hands on experience in Beijing Dongzhimen Hospital’s orthopedics and traumatology tuina department.
- Teacher and clinic supervisor at South Baylo University and Southern California University of Health Sciences. He has taught many graduate level courses on the topics of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and Chinese medical theory for more than ten years.
- Co-Author of textbook “Chinese Medicinal Formulas” (Published by People’s Medical Publishing House)
- Lecture and consultant for Sun Ten Inc.